ANNOUNCE: Tinderbox 3.4.r1 available
Joe Marcus Clarke
marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Oct 8 17:43:56 EDT 2011
After a long time, I'm pleased to announce a new release candidate for
Tinderbox. Tinderbox 3.4.r1 is now available with the following changes.
* Add support for build groups to allow for adding ports to multiple
Builds at the same time.
* New documentation build from docbook so that the text README and
website README are in sync.
* Support for FreeBSD 10.X.
* Add the ability to compress log files with bzip2. This is an optional
feature (default is off) which can be enabled by setting the
LOG_COMPRESSLOGS configuration option.
* Add the possibility to delete existing WRKDIR tarball when the build
* Modify the WebUI code to show, for each failed port, a link to this
tarball, if the tarball exists.
* Add a new contributed postPortBuild Hook to help optimize mass builds.
* Stderr is piped to /dev/null if debugging is not enabled.
* Add support for MySQL 5.4 and 5.5
* Add support for TEST_DEPENDS.
* Add new Hooks for pre and post checksum validation.
* Allow all ports for a given Build to be added to the BuildPortsQueue
if the -d argument is omitted when calling addBuildPortsQueueEntry.
* Add support for perl5.10.
* Add UNIX domain socket support for connecting to the database.
* Bump the ports_tree_name field to 255 characters.
* Add links to requeue a port to the tinderd queue.
* Add hooks to the configuration page. The patch lists all of the hooks
and leaves the unused ones with an empty command.
* Sort builds in drop down menu alphabetically.
* Add the number of duds to the webui frontends.
* Only show builds in the drop down menu for which the user has
permissions to add new queue entries.
* Add functionality to add more than one port at a time via the tinderd
* A number of other fixes and cleanups.
I may have missed a few important changes, so please email me if you
committed something I missed.
The contributors to this release are many: Beat Gätzi, Chris Rees,
Ion-Mihai Tetcu, Bernhard Froehlich, Ade Lovett, Jason Helfman, Alberto
Villa, Gabor Pali, Olli Hauer, Wesley Shields, Joe Horn, Dmitriy
Kirhlarov, b.f., Steve Wills, Martin Wilke, Joseph S. Atkinson, Alexey
V. Degtyarev, Mark Johnston, Christopher Key, Gerald Pfeifer, Philip M.
Gollucci, Koop Mast, Alex Dupre.
PGP Key : http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc
More information about the tinderbox-list