troubles with LC_CTYPE/LANG

Kirill Ponomarew krion at voodoo.oberon.net
Sun Mar 27 09:03:11 EST 2005

After building new 5.x jail, I encountered these errors which are
related to locale settings. IIRC the format of LC_CTYPE was changed
some time ago, which required rebuild of all libs/binaries which
were still linked to libc.so.5 on -current.  So did I either,
removed also all builds/logs/packages from 5.x, rebuilt jail for 5.x
and reinstalled all packages.  Now every build on 5.x produces
messages like:

(null): Failed to set default locale

http://tinderbox.oberon.net/tb/logs/5-STABLE-FreeBSD/libidn-0.5.15.log

Can somebody also reproduce it with LC_CTYPE/LANG != C/POSIX ?

In 6.x jail I don't see these errors.

-Kirill