port not built but no error logged

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Thu Feb 2 19:22:47 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:10:27 -0500
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

> Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > Same problem, different port:
> > http;//people.tecnik93.com/~itetcu/errors/dspam-devel.tar.gz
> > http;//people.tecnik93.com/~itetcu/errors/Makefile
> >
> > The version in the Ports Tree builds OK.
> >
> > This version builds on my desktop w/o problems.
> >
> > On my tinderbox:
> > - I queue it in the exp web interface
> > - the "status" field in the web interface is gray
> > - I can see via ps that the pre-build starts (creating the build
> > from the jail) and the make.0 and make.1 files from an other build
> > are deleted, then recreated, but are empty;
> >
> > - in this time I see the status field in the web interface green
> > - then the status field becomes white, the Current Builds page does
> > not have a new (either successful or failed) build
> >
> > The duds file is empty, the Makefile from the build dir is at the
> > URL above.
> >
> > The jails where rebuilt today, the Ports Tree updated just before
> > trying to build.
> >

> So you're using the web interface to start the build?  I don't use
> this feature, and I didn't write it, so I can't say for certain if it
> is working in the current release.  If you run tinderbuild directly
> from the command line does it work?  Did you run tc addPort on
> dspam-devel before starting the build?

root(itetcu)@kira/T >-SSH-> /var/tinderbox [2:17:58] 0
 # ./scripts/tc addPort -b 4-myPT -d mail/dspam-devel
nullfs: /var/tinderbox/portstrees/myPT/ports (/var/tinderbox/portstrees/myPT/ports) and /var/tinderbox/portstrees/myPT/ports are not distinct paths
nullfs: /var/tinderbox/jails/4 (/var/tinderbox/jails/4) and /var/tinderbox/jails/4/src are not distinct paths
root(itetcu)@kira/T >-SSH-> /var/tinderbox [2:18:10] 0
 # ./scripts/tinderbuild -b 4-myPT mail/dspam-devel
nullfs: /var/tinderbox/portstrees/myPT/ports (/var/tinderbox/portstrees/myPT/ports) and /var/tinderbox/portstrees/myPT/ports are not distinct paths
nullfs: /var/tinderbox/jails/4 (/var/tinderbox/jails/4) and /var/tinderbox/jails/4/src are not distinct paths
INFO: Creating build directory for 4-myPT from repository...
building packages (phase 1)
started at Fri Feb  3 02:20:16 EET 2006
ended at Fri Feb  3 02:20:16 EET 2006
phase 1 took 00:00:00
207 packages built
645M  of packages
building packages (phase 2)
started at Fri Feb  3 02:20:16 EET 2006
ended at Fri Feb  3 02:20:16 EET 2006
phase 2 took 00:00:00
207 packages built
645M  of packages

> Your links above are broken, so I can't verify if the Makefile was
> generated correctly.

I'm sorry:
http://people.tecnik93.com/~itetcu/FreeBSD/errors/

Thanks for your help,

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

Insufficient facts always invite danger.
		-- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9