FORCE_PACKAGE feature

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Fri Feb 3 13:02:19 EST 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 02:48, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> There are ports (audio/lame for example) which are dependencies of
> others, but are marked as NO_PACKAGE. Setting FORCE_PACKAGE to a
> normal build would create it anyway.
>
> I've been looking through on how to add this on 2.2.1, but stopped
> when I got too deep and probably going run into ade at s work with the
> new distributed system.
>
> So I would like ot put this one on my wishlist :-)

I'd like to vote for this one too.

I haven't seen a way to do this, but being able to specify
WITH_FOO/WITHOUT_BAR could be really useful too :)

I'm using tinderbox to build nanobsd packages and I'd really like to set some
options by default (WITHOUT_PERL, WITHOUT_X11, NOPORTDOCS, ...).

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org