custom make.conf for jail

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Wed Jul 18 12:55:37 EDT 2007

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 13:27 +0400, Dmitriy Kirhlarov wrote:
>> Hi, list
>>
>> Could somebody describe me, why tinderbox force disabling my make.conf,
>> when I building jail?
>>
>> mkjail.sh:
>> export __MAKE_CONF=/dev/null
>
> This is from pointyhat.  We want fully vanilla worlds to ensure that our
> customizations don't interfere with package building.

For package building we can use make.conf from tinderbox/portstrees or
from tinderbox/builds

I need a tool capable to build several worlds automatically. With the
possibility to use several versions of port trees.
Worlds partially would have my own options, with the rest using the
default options.
I need this for testing purposes as well as to support several different
roles for my hosts.

I guess that many people who administer large FreeBSD installations,
should have similar tasks and similar problems.

WBR
Dmitriy