DISTFILE_CACHE

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Jun 1 02:16:42 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:56 +1000, Alexander Logvinov wrote:
> Hello, Joe.
>
> >>   Why doesn't it see path in DISTFILE_CACHE? Is it my local problem?
> > DISTFILE_CACHE doesn't support nullfs (probably because no one asked for
> > it) so you need to specify an NFS mount:
> > DISTFILE_CACHE=localhost:/usr/ports/distfiles
>  I always start my build with  "./tinderbuild -nullfs -b 6-STABLE" and everything is ok without
>  setting another MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE. :)

As long as you can mount the the value of DISTFILE_CACHE, you'll be
okay.

>  BTW what about http://marcuscom.com/pipermail/tinderbox-list/2007-March/000804.html thread? Now my
>  way is patching mkbuild by adding "cp -f ${pb}/jails/${jail}/make.conf ${D}/etc" line. Is it right?
>  :)

When TB 2.4 comes out with the hooks functionality, you'll be able to
have a custom make.conf copied every time the Build creation completes.
You were testing this patch set previously.  Have you not tried the
postBuildExtract hook?