Building python modules with a non-default version

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Mon Oct 1 17:18:26 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 18:12 -0300, Alejandro Pulver wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:16:23 -0400
> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 13:54 -0300, Alejandro Pulver wrote:

> > > No, I don't.
> >
> > Modify the previous env command, only this time, do:
> >
> > env PORTSDIR=`realpath ../..` LOCALBASE=/nonexistentlocal X11BASE=/nonexistentx PKG_DBDIR=/nonexistentdb PORT_DBDIR=/nonexistentportdb LINUXBASE=/nonexistentlinux make package-depends-list
> >
> > Now, the kicker here is if you have Tinderbox OPTIONS configured for
> > this Build.  If so, then the PORT_DBDIR variable will be set to the
> > configured OPTIONS directory for that Build.  If the above command
> > produces the correct dependencies, then you must have Build OPTIONS
> > enabled.
> >

> Hmm, it seems the problem is my /var/db/pkg. When I set PKG_DBDIR to
> somewhere else things work fine. And the problem affects Tinderbox when
> generating the Makefile.
>
> But what can I do about this? Do I have to rebuild all my ports?

This problem should not affect Tinderbox.  The makemake script sets
PKG_DBDIR to /nonexistentdb prior to generating the Makefile.  Check the
script.  This should be happening at line 123.  The only other thing I
can think of is some recent env change to -CURRENT broke Perl's
environment variable handling.  Maybe you should try rebuilding Perl on
the TB host, and see if that helps.