Portsnap and tinderbox?

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Apr 24 14:48:48 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 20:33 +0200, Willy Picard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there is a way to use portsnap (which is now part of the system)
> with tinderbox instead of cvsup?

It should be possible since you can specify a custom update command for
your ports tree.  You may have to create a wrapper script around it to
pass the necessary arguments.  FYI, for my MarcusCom ports tree which
tracks GNOME development work, my update command
is /space/scripts/marcuscom.sh.  The script contents are:

pb=/space
CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous at sushi.marcuscom.com:/space/cvs/marcuscom-cvs"
TMPDIR="/tmp/mc_cvs"

portstree=$1

/usr/local/bin/cvsup -g ${pb}/portstrees/${portstree}/ports-supfile

mkdir -p ${TMPDIR}
cd ${TMPDIR}
cvs -qR -d ${CVSROOT} checkout ports
cvs -qR -d ${CVSROOT} checkout ports-stable

${pb}/scripts/marcusmerge -s ${TMPDIR} -d ${pb}/portstrees/${portstree}/ports -m ports-stable
${pb}/scripts/marcusmerge -s ${TMPDIR} -d ${pb}/portstrees/${portstree}/ports

rm -rf ${TMPDIR}