jail with recent 8-CURRENT

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 3 05:11:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:34:28 +0400
Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> wrote:

> Hello Steve and All,
>

> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:34:32 -0500 Steve Randall wrote:
>
> > I just subscribed, which is why I'm not responding directly to the
> > original message. In fact, I subscribed because I have the exact
> > same problem. But as a new tinderbox user (since yesterday), I
> > thought maybe I was doing something wrong. It's reassuring to know
> > that someone else has the same problem.
>
> > If it helps, I patched scripts/lib/buildscript line 43, adding a
> > "-i" option to the "pkg_add" command, and it seems to be working.
>
> Thanks for the workaround, it definitely helps.
>
> But there are some questions that should be answered. Is it
> a tinderbox which should be fixed? Why this option (-i) is
> needed now? Was it pkg_add who changed it's (default?)
> behaviour? And the last one: what it the right thing to do?

Because somebody committed to pkg_add w/o asking for approval from
portmgr or review by anyone.

Besides this bug, I'm not so sure the "fix" is right.

http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/head/usr.sbin/pkg_install/add/perform.c?revision=194497&view=markup

Problem is being worked on.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B