i386 jail on amd64 continued

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Mon Jul 6 13:32:35 EDT 2009

* xorquewasp at googlemail.com (xorquewasp at googlemail.com) wrote:

> Any idea how to fix this?

I believe I've posted a message about i386 jail on amd64 some time
ago. The problem is that some ports use sysctl and uname to get
arch they're running on, so you have to replace them. I've been
told later that uname does respect some environement variables, so
you can change it's behaviour through env, but you definitely can't
do this to sysctl.

I've just patched tinderbox to replace them with wrappers which
s|amd64|i386| in sysctl and uname output, and so far this worked
without any failures.

Attached is my patch to lib/tc_command.sh. Don't mind other changes,
you'll need two chunks: wrap() function and the next one which calls
it in makeBuild(). The last one, which modifies libmap, may also
be useful - this was suggested by miwi@ and fixed some pthread
linkage issues between 7.x and 8.x as I remember. Maybe it's not
actually needed any more.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru