Little speedup suggestion

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Mon Jul 6 13:41:37 EDT 2009

Hi!

I've just looked thru my cvs diff for tinderbox scripts/ and remembered
that I've used a little hack to speed up package creation/installation.
I guess that's not really suitable for upstream, but may be useful for
individuals running tinderbox for e.g. port testing.

The thing is to use gzip, not bzip2 to compress packages. gzip is
faster, and afair doesn't use maximum compression level by default,
so things should get a bit snappier. No real time trials, sorry.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru