Tinderbox inside a jail

Terry Sposato tinderbox at comtron.com.au
Mon Jul 20 00:44:30 EDT 2009

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 11:13 +1000, Terry Sposato wrote:
>
>> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>>> Yes, provided you don't try and build anything for FreeBSD > 7.2.  You
>>> will also need to adjust some of your sysctls, and probably add
>>> NO_FSCHG= to your TB Jail's src.conf.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>

>> Joe,
>>
>> Thanks for the prompt response.
>> I am testing builds for 6-STABLE and 7-STABLE, would this matter?
>>

> 7-STABLE may become a problem unless the underlying kernel is running
> the same version of 7-STABLE.
>

>> I couldn't find any documentation on how to get tinderbox working
>> correctly from inside a jail, is there any?
>>

> Not that I know of.
>

>> If not do you know what sysctls specifically I would need to change to
>> get them working?
>>

> You would need to enable sysvipc at the very least.
>

>> The problem I am currently having is this:
>> tinderbox# ./tc tinderbuild -b 6-STABLE irc/znc-extra
>> tinderbuild: creating makefile...
>> tinderbuild: Creating build directory for 6-STABLE
>> makeBuild: tarball for jail "6" doesn't exist.
>>            run "tc makeJail -j 6" first.
>>
>> I get this all the time which is probably the issue with the sysctls
>> which you are saying above, even if I update the jail successfully.
>> I will start off a tc makeJail -j 6 now after updating my TB Jail's
>> src.conf and see how I go.
>>

> This has nothing to do with sysctls.  It just looks like you didn't
> build your "6" Jail yet.
>
> Joe
>

>> Sorry about the duplicate email, I left out the list on the first one.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Terry

Joe,

I set the sysctls and the TB src.conf to NO_FSCHG=

When I run the makeJail command and output it to a file I see the following:
7.2: updating jail with CSUP
7.2: cleaning out /usr/local/tinderbox/jails/7.2/obj
7.2: cleaning out /usr/local/tinderbox/jails/7.2/tmp
7.2: making world
ERROR: world failed - see /usr/local/tinderbox/jails/7.2/world.tmp
Cleaning up after Jail creation.  Please be patient.

However I don't know what the problem is as it says above it cleans up
and there is no world.tmp.
Is there a way I can see the error?

Regards,

Terry