ANNOUNCE: Tinderbox 3.3 released
Joe Marcus Clarke
marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Nov 27 12:39:45 EST 2009
The Tinderbox team is proud to announce the release of Tinderbox 3.3.
This release brings numerous bug fixes and some feature enhancements.
The changes include:
**HEADS UP** A static data change is included this release, so be sure
to run ``tc Upgrade''.
* A new unified logging system has been added so that all log files can
be centralized in one location. See the README for more details on
enabling this feature.
* A collection of user-contributed Hooks has been added. So far only
two Hooks are included. See the contrib/hooks subdirectory for more
details. Also, feel free to submit your Hook ideas.
* The /proc directory is now ignored when checking for leftovers. This
fixes some false-positives when running multiple builds in parallel.
* MySQL 6.0 is now supported.
* The SRCBASE environment variable is now unset in portbuild to prevent
* Support for using lftp to fetch binary release distributions for Jails
has been added. This can seriously cut down on Jail prep time.
* It is now fatal if a port cannot be added to the BuildPortsQueue.
* Make it harder for users to shoot themselves in the foot by adding a
disclaimer to addJail instructing users to use createJail instead.
* Leading and trailing whitespace are now trimmed from Jail, Build, and
* Canonicalize port directory names to prevent them from showing up as
dir/../otherdir in the webui.
* Correct a typo which broke copyBuild for packages.
* Switch from using cvsup12 as the default cvsup server to cvsup18.
* Fix the dead symlink removal code to be consistent with the latest
* Add support for FreeBSD 9.X as a Jail.
* It is now possible for tbcleanup to leave ports which have error logs
associated with them.
* A potential command line overflow in tbcleanup has been fixed.
* Support for multiple Jail build jobs has been added as well as the
-DNO_CLEAN flag. This can help speed up Jail builds.
* Perl 5.10 is now supported.
* PEAR-MDB2 is now required, and register_globals is not.
* The postPortsTreeUpdate and postJailUpdate Hooks are now run while the
file systems are still mounted.
* The postPortsTreeUpdate Hook is fatal once again.
* The result of getDbInfo is now properly checked so the database is not
configured if there is no access.
* A corner case where cleaning up mounts may kill off processes it
should not has been corrected. This fix requires lsof to be installed
on the Tinderbox host system.
* A memory consumption issue with webui and large number of ports has
been corrected by adding a variable, list_limit_nr to control the number
of ports shown. This limit is disabled by default.
* The webui is now E_ALL safe.
* RSS feeds are now generated per maintainer, and a drop-down menu for
feeds has been added to the homepage.
* The column headers are now clickable to allow for sorting.
* Read-only access is now granted to everyone for the tinderd queue
* "All really Build Failures" has been renamed to "All Failures".
* A link to All Build Failures and All Failures has been added to the
* A misuse of the TRIM function has been fixed for Postgres databases.
* Maintainer email addresses are now normalized to lowercase.
* Fix a bug with addPort -a where the first Build's SRCBASE would be
used for all subsequent Builds.
* Fix the webui so that the domain of all maintainer addresses are
assumed to be lowercase.
This contributors to this release were Martin Wilke, Ion-Mihai Tetcu, Ade
Lovett, Oliver Lehmann, Beat Gaetzi, Koop Mast, Dmitry Morozovsky,
Alexander Loginov, Tom Judge, Philip M. Gollucci, Tom McLaughlin, Alexey
V. Degtyarev, xorquewasp at googlemail.com, and Wesley Shields.
PGP Key : http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the tinderbox-list