Is there a way to disable regression-tests?

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 05:44:59 EST 2010

I recently added a new build to my tindy, and tested a gtk+ application
in it. Of course, this meant building a large number of dependencies,
and took a long long time.  Looking the "duration" column on the webui,
I noticed that the ports that seemed to be taking the longest time were
the ones that were running 'make -k regression-test'.  I know this
because I was also watching them with htop.

Two examples: tcl85 and flac.

I really don't expect these tests to fail since I trust that the
maintainers of the ports have done their jobs.  I just want to get the
packages built that are needed by the port *I'm* testing.

Hence my question: is there a way to disable the regression-tests?  Will
I need to hack ${pb}/scripts/lib/buildscript?

What I'd really like is to be able to run a regression-test on my target
port while disabling them for its dependencies.  But I'll settle for
disabling them for both.