easy way to upgrade to "jailed TB"?

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Fri Aug 3 11:32:03 EDT 2012

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> > From tb README:
> >
> > --- 8< ---
> >         Important: All Jail names MUST begin with their FreeBSD
> >         major version number. That is, the following is an illegal
> >         jail name: "FreeBSD-8.2".
> > --- 8< ---
>
> What should this tell me? My jail name starts with the FreeBSD major
> version number as I posted in my original post (lower part).
>
> But in lib/portbuild here you see:
>
> http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/portstools/tinderbox/lib/portbuild.diff?r1=1.140&r2=1.141&f=h
>
>   jname=j$(echo ${build} | sed -E -e 's|\.||')
>
>   jexec -U root ${jname} /usr/sbin/service ldconfig start
>
>   jail -r ${jname}
>
> That a "j" is added in front of thejail name (no idea why) - it looks
> like I've something missing here somehwere in the DB or the filesystem
> which prevents me from using my old setup.

Yes, I've misread your post someway, sorry.

I think the key error line in log you've cited is

jail: unknown parameter: ip6

and others are just side-effect errors: jail did not start in the first place,
hence jexec couldn't inject portbuid

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]