request: pkg suffix should be per build and not per jail

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Mon Aug 6 01:08:49 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-06 00:19, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 12:03:06AM +0200, olli hauer wrote:
>> With pkg NG we have now different package suffixes (tbz, txz).
>>
>> The pkg suffix is bound at the moment to the jail however a jail self can be used for different builds with different pkg suffixes.
>>
>> It would be nice to bind the suffix to a build instead a jail.
>>

> You can do this with ${pb}/scripts/etc/env files.  Name the environment
> file build.{BUILDNAME} with PKGSUFFIX exported.
>
>   root at kaos:/tinderbox/scripts/etc/env# grep PKGSUFFIX jail.10-amd64
>   root at kaos:/tinderbox/scripts/etc/env# grep PKGSUFFIX build.10-64-Laptop
>   export PKGSUFFIX=.txz

Sure, but as shown in the example command `./tc rmPort' you will recognize the perl scripts are not processing the build.xxx files.

Also links on the web interface are pointing to *.tbz instead *.txz.

In lib/tc_command.pl you will find the following.

sub getPackageSuffix {
 my $sufx = $ds->getPackageSuffix($jail);
}

sub rmPort {
 foreach my $build (@builds) {
  my $sufx      = $ds->getPackageSuffix($jail);

from lib/Tinderbox/TinderboxDS.pm:

sub getPackageSuffix {
        my $self = shift;
        my $jail = shift;

        $self->verifyType(1, $jail, 'Jail');

        if (substr($jail->getName(), 0, 1) == "4") {
                return ".tgz";
        }

        return ".tbz";
}