[RFC] Moving location of options directory

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Jan 13 11:35:43 EST 2013

On 1/8/13 2:33 PM, Ade Lovett wrote:
> Back when we added options support for tinderbox, if HOST_WORKDIR was
> set, it'd use that as the base directory.
>
> On reflection, this seems like a bad idea since it prevents the use of a
> truly shared options directory if using multiple discrete machines to
> build things.
>
> The attached patch changes this to use ${pb}/${OPTIONS_DIR} regardless
> of whether HOST_WORKDIR is set.   I've been using this for quite some
> time now, and the impending 4.0 release seems like a good time to chunk
> it in.
>
> Thoughts?

I have no objection, but perhaps others would like a per-host set of
OPTIONS?  If everyone feels OPTIONS should be shared, then I'm okay with
this.  Else, maybe the answer is to create a new knob to specify whether
one wants shared or unique OPTIONS.

In either event, I think this is a post-4.0 thing.