Duds troubleshooting

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Mon Dec 29 21:46:06 EST 2014

On 30/12/2014 09:19, Carl Clements wrote:
> I am trying to identify why ports are marked as duds.
>
> $ cat ../builds/9.3-FreeBSD/duds
> virtualbox-ose-4.3.16
> $ cat ../builds/9.3-FreeBSD/make.0
> virtualbox-ose-4.3.16
> /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose
> chroot is: /usr/local/tinderbox/9.3-FreeBSD
> jailname is: j93-FreeBSD
> skipping virtualbox-ose-4.3.16 (found in duds)
> *** [virtualbox-ose-4.3.16.txz] Error code 1
> 1 error
> `all' not remade because of errors.

Well virtualbox is listed in duds, what options are you setting?

The virtualbox NLS option requires QT4 which requires X11 - either test
fails and it is marked as broken.

If that doesn't help look through builds/9.3-FreeBSD/Makefile and find
a dependency that is marked as broken or ignore. Often it is our
OPTIONS settings that creates duds.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler